Two of our volunteers, Camrose and Tori, received dandelions of appreciation from a child who picked out books for her siblings – but not herself.
Are you passionate about literacy, books, working with children, and building community? You might enjoy volunteering with Twice Upon a Time! Please contact us to tell us a little about yourself and why you are interested in volunteering.
Here are some of the ways you could contribute:
Operating one of our free bookstores
- Setting up the books
- Welcoming kids and families
- Helping children choose a book
- Stamping books
- Reading books aloud to children
- Keeping a record of books given out
- Taking down the pop-up and storing materials
Experience working with kids and knowledge of children’s books is an asset, but not essential. We need more volunteers who can communicate with children and parents in French. All volunteers who work directly with children will be required to obtain a police records check suitable for working with the vulnerable sector.
Sorting & driving
- Sorting books into categories
- Discarding unsuitable or damaged books
- Picking up donations
- Delivering books to pop-up locations
- Writing – Developing promotional materials, creating content for the website, blog, newsletter, and community newspapers, drafting text for funding applications
- Translation of short texts into French, Nepali, Spanish, Arabic, Somali, Persian, Chinese
- Photography – documenting events, creating a portfolio of photos for promotional purposes
- Videography – creating videos to promote our services, orient new volunteers, explain how to organize a book drive etc.
- Graphic design – for website, posters etc.
Sound like fun? Please contact us to tell us a little about yourself and why you are interested in volunteering.